Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Prayer for Serenity

I just spoke to my mother on the phone - listening to her sobbing, because her husband is very ill and she feels so helpless. Unable to make him well, yet not able to accept the situation they are both in and the suffering he is going through.


How often do we try to change a situation for the better, when really it is outside our ability to do so, and when we would do better to try to accept what cannot be changed and move on to other things.


Easier said than done, I know. I can think of countless situations when I have done the same - knowing that all my fretting, worrying and fighting would lead to nothing.


How I hope and pray that my mother will be able to change and influence the things which are within her control, and learn to accept those things which she cannot change.

It can be hard to believe that God has a purpose, when things are painful and difficult ...



No comments:

Post a Comment