Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Feeling burdened



At the moment everything seems to be happening at once - the daily issues of having two teenagers in the house, pressure at work, a busy time in the house and the garden, an increasing amount of responsibility in church with our old vicar leaving, and a husband who would like me to spend more time with him.

To cut a long story short, I feel burdened. Too much to do and not enough hours in the day!


After some time of feeling sorry for myself and then reflecting a little about it all, I can't help but feel that this is somehow a blessing. When I feel that I cannot do all these things in my own strength, then probably because that is exactly true. I cannot!


But I can do it with God's help and guidance and with his strength:

Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light,” (Matthew 11:28-30, NLT).


Right now I may not feel like I can handle things, but deep down I know that I will be okay - because I am not alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment