Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just as I am


Last Sunday was the first time I went to church since I have given up my church commitments.
I went to the 8 am Communion service, because it is a small congregation I and knew I would not have to give too many explanations.
It was strangely humbling to come just as I am, without any role or commitment. Not as churchwarden or as reader or as member of the worship band. Instead coming to worship God, stripped down to simply who I am.

My church visit taught me two things:
  1. Firstly, it reminded me that God sees me as I am all the time - no matter how many roles I give myself or how much importance other may give me ... He sees my heart and there is no hiding from him.
  2. Secondly, I realised that my church family love me as I am - even when I do nothing to contribute to the running of the church and/or services.
I feel truly humbled.

Perhaps this journey will teach me more than I ever imagined. After all, God moves in mysterious ways ...




No comments:

Post a Comment